. To apply contact with Verónica García
Senior React Developer
- Flexible working hours
- Holidays: 23 days
Top three reasons to build your career at Superna:
Modern Tech Stack: Our tech stack leverages many cutting-edge development tools and targets without getting distracted by every shiny new library. We develop microservices leveraging Kafka, Docker, ReactJS, GraphQL, Ansible, Hadoop, Spark, Hbase and others in an up-to-date and maintained VS Code environment. Developers at Superna implement enterprise grade software targeted at Amazon Web Services using cloud formation, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and on-premise targets. We do pretty well on The Joel Test too.
Opportunity for advancement: Superna is continuing to grow, and with growth comes ample opportunity to advance in seniority while continuing to be mentored by those who’ve been down the path before.
Location and work-life balance: Superna’s hybrid location model allows YOU to choose if you want to work in our offices in Ottawa, remotely, or whatever combination of those locations suits you. We understand that work-life balance is important to everyone’s long-term productivity, health, and happiness.
Tasks and reponsibilities
You will work as a member of the Superna Eyeglass test team as they develop new products and extend their existing projects. This is a junior level role and will require hands on product manual testing.
Role: Developers in this role are the primary developers on the UI. They are responsible for the end user experience, and should develop the visual look and feel of the product. Their work begins on the UI, but extends into the backend. UI developers are expected to use the frameworks that are in place to fully develop the required functionality to show the correct data on the UI.
Tasks and Responsibilities: Throughout the course of the contract, you will work as part of a dynamic team working with one or more team members of Superna. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the User Interface (UI) features for Superna’s software products.
- Develop back-end handlers to support the UI work.
- Develop mock-ups for the UI according to the high-level requirements given by management.
- Code solutions according to the designs provided by the development team architects.
- Research new developments in software development trends, to stay current with the industry and apply those learnings to Superna’s software products where necessary.
- Perform code reviews and give feedback on implementations by the development team to ensure the quality of Superna’s software.
- Work with the QA team to identify issues and assist with understanding and deployment of features.
- Work with the customer support team to help identify the root causes of any issues that arise in the field.
- Identify any risks of shortcomings in the software, and raise bugs or otherwise report these issues as appropriate.
Skills and knowledge required will include but are not limited to following areas to execute this role:
Things You Should Have
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Solid Linux experience
- Ability to work both as a team and as an individual
Required Technical Skills
- ReactJS (Intermediate)
- Java (Intermediate)
- Linux or MacOSX command line (Intermediate)
- Git (Intermediate)
- Shell Scripting (Intermediate)
- Docker(Intermediate – Novice)
- Documentation and process modelling (Intermediate)
- Time Estimation (Intermediate)
- Communication (Intermediate)
Superna values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and as such accommodations are available upon request for any candidate during the recruitment & selection process. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, will only contact those under consideration.
Reports to: VP Product Delivery
About the Team
Andrew MacKay – President
Andrew brings 27 years in technology across many segments of the industry including National Police force, Global Technology manufacturer, Enterprise Data Center design and Service Provider technologies. He has worked in many aspects of technology from Engineering, R&D , patents, CTO, Strategist and Product Management. Previously worked for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police & Nortel Networks.
Dorothy Stockburger – Execute VP
Dorothy Stockburger has been working in the technology industry for over 27 years. She has leveraged her bachelors degree in chemical engineering to gain experience in diverse technologies from fuel cell to VOIP to Optical Network Management Software. She had roles in technology start-ups Natural Convergence and Broadview Networks and corporate experience at Nortel Networks within New Product Introduction working across functional groups to deliver new products to market.
Kyle Fransham – VP R&D
Kyle brings over 13 years of experience in developing mission-critical and high-performance applications for public and private sector organizations. A long-time veteran of big data and cloud computing, he leverages his experience from Silicon Valley based research institutes as well as the Canadian federal government’s research computing department to lead Superna’s charge on cutting edge software development.
Derek Manning – CIO
Leveraging over 25 years of industry experience, Derek Manning is Superna’s Chief Information Officer & Principal Product Architect who spearheads Superna’s IT transformation from global storage and data center certification center of excellence to global leaders in software development. With a career spanning over four decades, Mr. Manning’s multi-generational expertise, previously at Nortel, Ciena and, since 2012, Superna spans cloud, virtualization, computing, storage, networking, converged infrastructure, software, power, and cooling design, implementation and lifecycle..