To apply to this position contact by e-mail with Verónica García
Omada is looking for a new Technical Writer for new location in Spain
Are you a highly skilled Technical Writer and do you want to grow your career in a R&D environment within an international company with offices in Europe and US?
We are a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader in the Identity Governance & Administration category and one of the most advanced SaaS platforms in the industry. Our vision is to “secure the worlds identities” and leverage our technology to enable companies to confidently do more with identity and enable business transformation.
Headquartered in Europe, Omada is a fast-growing cybersecurity software company with locations globally and we are now opening a new location in Spain in the Alicante area.
As Omada looks to accelerate the growth of the company, R&D is looking for a skilled Technical Writer to join our scrum team(s) and take responsibility for creating and maintaining our product documentation. You will be a part of both the Alicante team, but you will also be a team member in one of the established R&D teams, where you will work closely with developers from both Denmark and Poland via fully integrated scrum teams. You will also have a high amount of responsibility in the further development of our product.
Get challenged in your role as Technical Writer
- You will work within Scrum teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- You will create and maintain product documentation
- You will review documentation written by another team members
- You will be a part of shaping the future outlook of our product documentation as we are in the process of moving from large documents to more bit-sized learning and “multi-platform publishing (HTML, PDF) via MadCap Flare
- You will participate in enhancing our constant flow of communication around our standard software solutions, which are used by consultants, partners, and customers
- You will be a part of our internal Development department where you will be expected to be a dedicated expert within your own field and to work alongside colleagues equally engaged in their fields
- You will actively participate in all SCRUM ceremonies, e.g., the sprint planning session where plans are made with the entire team and the PO, and the end of sprint demonstrations, where the latest innovations are shared with the larger team
- You will estimate effort required for performing documentation activities
- You will join Technical Writer’s Guild and work together on methods, standards, processes and language review of documentation and labels in our system code
- You have at least 3 years’ experience of communicating about software
- You have a technical flair, eager to learn the concepts and depth of our product, allowing you to easily exchange technical knowledge through several means of communication – for instance, through bite size video recordings and articles using instructional and topic-based approaches
- You are thrilled with the challenge of deciphering technically difficult material from our Product owner and developers, shaping it to be understood by the identified audience
- You also have a high sense of quality and the ability to work on complex tasks in a structured way
- Basic knowledge and experience with MadCap Flare or similar tools will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and XML is an advantage due to the tools we use in our daily work
- You are fluent in verbal and written English
- You like to work both as a team member and individually, but you are a team player at heart that is used to work with challenges every day and think out-of-the-box
- You are an independent, responsible, and flexible person with good interpersonal skills, and you are just like the rest of us ambitious and passionate about technology
Omada is a modern technology company with a highly skilled and passionate team. We have a strong culture based around Team, which in Greek is Omada!
Omada’s core values are Teamwork, Ambition, Deliver Value in everything we do, and Constant Care. We are seeking long standing relationships with our employees as we believe in the mutual positive effects these provide. Omada offers flexible working conditions in a modern work environment and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this has caught your interest, apply now! We will interview on an ongoing basis and the position will be filled when the right candidate is found.