To apply to this position contact by e-mail with Mar Blanes
Knack is a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.They need a capable Software Engineer to help them deliver an outstanding and reliable product.
This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
- Provide technical / architectural leadership to a development team
- Scrum/Project management activities such as Jira story management
- Collaborate with product / design teams to navigate tradeoffs between user impact/implementation complexity
- Leverage Node.js, Vue/React, to craft clean, maintainable, extensible, secure code
- Dive deep into data persistence challenges using PostgreSQL to optimize for speed, performance, and reliability.
- Drive innovative problem solving on challenging engineering problems, including: Distributed Caching, Object version control / history, Real-time concurrency, Performance optimizations, and streamlined UX workflow
- Refactor and modernize areas of the codebase, with an eye towards increasing maintainability, performance, and rapid iteration
- Improve the quality and confidence of a complex codebase with tests, audits, and performance metrics.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and generally being a delightful human being.
- A problem solver. You aren’t afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Passionate about turning complex business requirements into elegant software that delights users.
- Flexible. When given a UX spec and requirements, you are able to achieve the resulting behavior, look and feel, as well as the associated APIs to drive the backend data.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a data-driven architecture at scale.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging – but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
The biggest benefit is working alongside our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other. These benefits aren’t that bad either:
- 🕧 Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization.
- 🛫 Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- 💻 Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what’s important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Knack and BranchCreation, believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success as a company. We evaluate all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender expression, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability status, or any other legally protected class. We recruit, hire, and retain top talent from a diverse candidate pool.