To apply to this position contact by e-mail with Mar Blanes
Knack is a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.They need a capable DevOps to help them deliver an outstanding and reliable product.
They’re looking for someone who’s expert in DevOps. And did we mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
- Perform deep analysis of logs, existing systems and codebases to find opportunities to improve performance and reliability, driving execution of suggested changes
- Refactor our existing monitors and alerts to be actionable and reliable, recommending and implementing diagnostic techniques and monitoring tools.
- Help discover correlations between customer experience and performance indicators to determine what is noticeable by customers: suggest and implement improvements based on findings
- Help us to develop SLI’s, SLO’s, and SLA’s that are impactful as they relate to our customer’s experience
- Help triage outages and issues across multiple teams, services, and codebases as they arise, leading root cause analysis and creating sustainable solutions to prevent and/or auto-remediate those issues in the future
- Work with our QA teams to help implement automated performance and scalability testing within our CI/CD pipelines
- Assist in creating reusable pipeline code, working with cloud, dev, and qa teams to help reduce complexity and deployment times
- Introduce chaos engineering, promoting experimentation in production to discover and remediate systemic weaknesses and improve performance and reliability
- Expertise in AWS
- Expertise with RDS, preferably Aurora PostgreSQL engine
- Expertise with containerization
- Expertise in monitoring, alerting, and logging solutions and in how to use them to enable the organization to achieve reliability and performance goals
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling
- Experience with implementing improvements in areas such as maintainability, scalability, availability, extensibility and security
- Ability to work with many teams across disciplines (cloud, platform, development, qa, and security) to resolve issues as they arise and implement improvements
- Experience with distributed tracing, diagnostic tooling, application performance monitoring, and the golden signals
- Stack for DevOps: All things AWS, Terraform (and Terraform Cloud), Jenkins, Github, Grafana, GrayLog
The biggest benefit is working alongside our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other. These benefits aren’t that bad either:
- 🕧 Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization.
- 🛫 Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- 💻 Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what’s important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Knack and BranchCreation, believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success as a company. We evaluate all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender expression, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability status, or any other legally protected class. We recruit, hire, and retain top talent from a diverse candidate pool.