To apply to this position contact by e-mail with Verónica García
We develop software that is used by the world’s most elite software engineers. Companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and thousands of other leading companies use GitKraken. This role is focused on marketing GitKraken: a Git graphical user interface (GUI) that enables software developers to manage their source code in a visual, intuitive way. Git is the fastest growing—and now most widely-used—version control system in the world; millions of developers have already experienced the powerful benefits that GitKraken provides: drastically reducing the steep learning curve that comes along with Git and enabling them to be more efficient with their time. GitKraken makes Git easier, safer and more powerful so devs can focus on writing great code, not the overhead of managing that code.
We’re expanding the Marketing department to include a Digital Marketing Specialist who will play a critical role in building GitKraken’s paid media strategy and executing high-performing digital initiatives to further drive demand and revenue. The ideal candidate will have experience marketing SaaS products to technical audiences. You’ll be a self-starter with strong analytical, creative, and project management skills. You’ll enjoy formulating hypotheses, testing, and iterating based on data-supported insights. You’ll always be looking for new ways to create engaging campaigns that convert website visitors to downloads.
If you’re ready to bring your understanding of digital marketing and the software development industry to a company with high growth goals, we want to hear from you. This role is currently remote; candidates must be able to commute to our office in Alicante, Spain (after we can safely re-open).
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in English: both written and spoken.
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing/advertising.
- Hands-on experience with advertising platforms such as: Programmatic Display, Google AdWords, Industry Publications, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio.
- Direct experience with writing ad and landing page copy.
- End to end understanding of the advertising process, campaign set up, tracking, optimization, and attribution.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record to meet deadlines.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to analyze data and make data driven decisions.
- Ability to clearly communicate and build strong relationships within a team.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to varied situations, quickly adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Technically competent and up to date with modern marketing automation techniques.
- Strong collaborator who seeks out cross-functional feedback and input to build comprehensive strategies.
- Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities.
- Thoughtful problem solver, curious by nature, and willing to tackle challenges independently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own and optimize our paid marketing strategy.
- Support our organic acquisition strategy by leveraging a mix of content driven SEO and programmatic SEO to drive demand and revenue.
- Manage end-to-end campaign lifecycle: ideate new campaigns, build, test, optimize, report.
- Analyze data from multiple sources (Google Analytics, HubSpot, ad platforms and more) to uncover new opportunities for growth.
- Test and experiment aggressively to find winning tactics and strategies to grow our digital channels.
- Collaborate with internal teams by sharing performance insights and using their expertise to make campaigns more effective.
- Assist with demand generation budgeting and forecasts.
- Provide detailed performance reporting and ongoing campaign recommendations.
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager with various other digital marketing initiatives such as email campaigns and promotions.
Bonus Points If…
- You have experience working with SaaS products and/or marketing to highly technical audiences.
- You have experience with GitKraken.
- You have familiarity with basic web/software development.
Current Tool Stack
Some of the tools you’ll need to be familiar with:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Google Suite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- HubSpot CRM and Marketing Automation
- WordPress CMS
- GitKraken Boards for Task Tracking & Project Management
- Slack for Internal Communication
- Ubersuggest for SEO
- SEMRush for SEO
- Currently remote
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Alicante, Spain (when it is safe to re-open)