To apply to this position contact by e-mail with Verónica García
GitKraken is a Git graphical user interface (GUI) that enables software developers to manage their source code in a visual, intuitive way. Git is the fastest growing and now most widely-used version control system; millions of developers have already experienced the powerful benefits that GitKraken provides: drastically reducing the steep learning curve that comes along with Git and enabling them to be more efficient with their time. Our goal is to take the guesswork out of Git and let devs focus on writing great code.
We’ve found a winning combination when it comes to building a global user community and a tight-knit group of GitKraken Ambassadors: create an innovative, beautiful tool that makes developers lives easier, and strengthen the connection through a playful, engaging brand—with a cheeky Kraken mascot named Keif at the forefront, of course!
We’re now looking for a Developer Evangelist to join the marketing team to help skyrocket awareness and advocacy of GitKraken. The ideal candidate for this role will have a multi-disciplined background in software development and ideally technical product marketing or sales engineering. This cross-functional role requires experience with planning/managing/speaking at events, creating content, and growing communities. You’ll need to be technical but also capable of telling an interesting and engaging story around technical content.
As GitKraken’s sole Developer Evangelist you’ll have numerous opportunities to present on various software development topics, with a heavy focus on Git. To be successful in this role you’ll need to be passionate about－and experienced with－using Git and GitKraken. You’ll need to be able to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications on various platforms in various mediums (written, oral, visual, etc.)
To successfully perform in this role, the following qualifications are essential:
- Software development background
- Excellent understanding of Git
- Proficient in English; both spoken and written
- Familiarity with software development tools and technologies
- Excellent presentation skills and experience giving talks at small and large-scale events
- Interest in sharing knowledge and building communities
- Experience developing demos, webinars, videos, and other visual/oral technical content
- Experience writing articles, code samples, press releases, and other content
- Experience driving influencers to events and content
- Experience nurturing community members and converting them into champions
- Experience building content creation programs
- Ability to manage fast-moving event and content deadlines
- Ability to travel (post-COVID)
- Located in the US or Spain
The following qualifications are a big plus:
- Prior developer evangelist/advocate/relations experience
- Technical product marketing/sales engineering
- Prior experience with GitKraken is a major plus
- Experience planning and managing events and conferences
- Meaningful social presence with engaged followers
- Axosoft values dedication, hard work, and the ability to overcome adversity. If you have the ability to excel in this position but are missing 1 or 2 of the job requirements, we encourage you to submit an application and sell us on why you’re the best fit.